27 May 2012

Eyes of a Child

I've been helping out in the Primary recently and have absolutely loved helping wherever they need me. I believe that I need and learn so much more in Primary and from these children then they do from me!

Today was no exception. The class was small, filled with lively but sweet little five year olds. It was definitely a rare opportunity for me to be the only teacher and at first I really doubted that I had anything "of value" to offer these children. I silently prayed all through music time about what would be the most important thing to teach these kids.

At the end of music time, I still didn't have any idea that I felt 100% good about teaching. Just before heading to class, the Primary President handed me a box of activities that I might possibly use. I quickly glanced through it while heading to our class and immediately knew where to start the lesson.

After the opening prayer (one of the sweetest little prayers!) I took a deep breathe and opened my mouth. I really felt "clumsy" compared to these children as we talked about missionaries - their answers truly blew me away (and made me smile too!)

Then the most amazing thing happened when we started talking about how we can all be missionaries (even though we may not be old enough yet). The most peaceful feeling came over the entire class as we talked about how bearing our testimony is a powerful tool when it comes to sharing the gospel. There aren't any words to express how the rest of class went, it was truly an amazing experience. The innocence and love I felt from each child is one that I always treasure when I'm with these kids.

It is these children and my experiences with them that inspired me today.

Sarah

"To truly see the beauty in life one must simply look into the eyes of a child."

 Click image to enlarge
 Images by Tacie Wright and Jason Lee

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! You are an incredible woman and a great teacher. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete